Sunday, August 16, 2020
We hope you are all excited about starting our 2020-2021 season! We wanted to provide this update reagarding any COVID-19 issues. The prevention information will stay the same as previously stated from our May 13 message below .
Our procedures in case of a student being sick or exposed are stated below and our safety plan will be updated accordingly. These guidelines are taken from Dance USA.
What happens if we discover a case of COVID-19 in our community?
- Dancers or staff who become ill while at the studio will need to be isolated immediately and should seek advice and care from their health provider.
- Parents will be notified immediately
- The studio and all surfaces areas where the individual was should be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- Dancers and staff who are well, but who live with someone with COVID-19, should notify the studio immediately and quarantine for 14 days after last exposure. Follow the CDC guidelines.
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed with a student or teacher:
- The studios and company need to halt operations for 5 days from student/staff last contact
- Wait 24 hours before cleaning and disinfecting to minimize potential for further exposure during cleaning. Ventilate the area if possible. Follow CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting.
- The studio will determine who has been in contact with the individual and notify all students/parents
- Depending on the state, public health authorities may engage in contact tracing which occurs through the physician office. To protect patient privacy, contacts are only informed that they may have been exposed to a patient with the infection. They are not told the identity of the patient who may have exposed them per the CDC.
- We will continue to provide Zoom for classes. Please notify your teacher or Miss Rebecca in advance if you plan to attend via Zoom so the teacher can be prepared.
- If the student is feeling ill, please do not send them to class.
- Masks are still required when moving throughout the studio. You may also wear masks during classes. Please do whatever makes you or your child comfortable.
- Class sizes are being limited to give dancers the appropriate social distance.
- Please re-read all of the guidelines below in the May 13 message.
As always, please read any email from the studio thoroughy. Email is the fastest way we can communicate to the entire studio.
Manager, Academy of Dance Arts
I hope you all were able to read all of our exciting announcements in our last e-mail. In this email, we wanted to give you more specific details for our June 1 re-opening of the building.
First, please know the safety and health of our students is always the driving force for all our decisions at the studio. We take time to research and check with authorities before deciding anything. We have called the Health Department personally and discussed our studio specifically. We were told we are able to open in Phase 3. We are also using this link to guide us. We are considered a Gym or Fitness Center.
Second, part of the requirements to re-open is to have an official plan of Safety Protocols. We consulted with an attorney when creating them.
Third, is a breakdown of what we think are the highlights of the plan.
What WE are doing before you get to the studio:
- We will have the classes on Zoom in addition to the studio to accommodate those unable to dance in the studio.
- ADA will restrict the number of students allowed in the dance studio at one time.
- Class sizes will be limited to 20 to keep in compliance of social distancing precautions. Tape will be placed to ensure appropriate spacing according to social distancing guidelines (min 6ft.).
- Sanitizing spray and hand sanitizer will be available outside each studio and the front desk. Bathrooms will be stocked with hand soap for washing hands.
- Employees are required to wear masks(until July 4) at all times and dancers are encouraged to wear them.
- We will stagger start and end times of our classes to allow for thorough sanitation of all equipment and surfaces and limit numbers in the hallways.
- Staff will disinfect all common surfaces (e.g. door knobs,barres, counter surfaces) before every class
- All staff must comply with social distancing and hand-washing protocols and will refrain from entering the building if they are experiencing any of the pre-screen symptoms listed above.
- All doors will remain open to prevent touching of door handles.
- All ADA protocols and appropriate signage will be posted on our website and at entrances and throughout the studio.
What it looks like for YOU when you attend the studio or a class:
- All dancers will be verbally screened by ADA staff members for symptoms prior to entering the premises.
- We also request members limit the amount of personal items brought into the dance studio. This is to avoid bringing further outside contaminants into the facility. Come to class prepared to dance, already in dance clothes with no extra layers and dance shoes in hand.
- Dancers are allowed to bring water bottles, but will not be allowed to fill them from water sources within the facility.
- Dancers will not share props during classes.
- Dancers must wash hands before and after class
- Dancers are expected to adhere to instructions provided with respect to social distancing.
- Parents must stay in their cars to limit the number of people in the studio
- Dancers will go to their vehicle to snack or eat dinner
- Bathrooms will still be available but we ask parents to encourage dancers to use the restroom before coming to the studio to limit usage.
We encourage each of you to assess your own comfort levels and risk factors before making the decision to return to the studio. Our community's health and safety is our number one priority and we urge you to take whatever personal precautions you need to, including staying home.
Director & Manager, Academy of Dance Arts
Friday, March 13 2020
We have been actively conferring with medical professionals and watching the CDC updates that have been happening throughout the day. We don’t want to be irresponsible or be contributing to the pandemic in any way. We have come to the conclusion that we need to close our doors for 2 weeks and give social distancing a chance to work.
What this means for you is:
- We still have class tomorrow, March 14, as scheduled. We will take all the precautions we discussed in the previous e-mail.
- The week of March 16-21 we will be taking as our Spring Break. Spring Break is built into the payment schedule so you are not missing any classes for that week and payment remains the same.
- The week of March 23-28 will be made-up the week of June 1-6. You will not need to pay tuition for June because it will be a make-up for the last week of March.
- We will re-evaluate the status of this pandemic during those 2 weeks and decide how best to move forward after that. We will be in contact to make sure everyone is up to date and aware of what is happening.
Stay healthy everyone!
Academy of Dance Arts Management